Do you know how important it is to know your customers? I am sure you know it well. Anybody who starts a business with a wonderful product but fail to understand his customers, he actually fails in his business. Understanding your customers is a must and a long process, which every business owner or entrepreneur should know. Only starting a business will not help, understanding your customers and then accordingly serving them will help you retain customers and grow your business.
It doesn’t matter how good your product is until your customers are happy and satisfied with it. Your customers can help you advertise your product in an improved manner. Their reviews and feedback on your services and products will help you know the pluses and the minuses of your product and accordingly you can modify them, work on them. They can help you evolve in a better way in the market and can sustain for the long term. Those who value their customers, go long way…..!
Here are 15 tips how to get to know your customers:
- Know that what worked a year back will not necessarily work now. Don’t make assumptions, as customers’ preferences and choice never stay same, they change. Customer’s interaction is a must to keep yourself abreast in the market and evolve in the business.
- Social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and even Instagram are very much able to provide you insights on customer’s preferences, habits, choices, likings and disliking.
- Online surveys and polls are also another tool to know your customers. Through surveys you get honest feedback and accordingly you can modify or change your product and services based on the results of the surveys.
- Another simplest method is to ask WHY and HOW that will provide insights into what the customers really need, thereby helping you serving them better.
- Know their past purchase behavior. Get details about their past purchases.
- Organizing events can also help you know your customers. At event you will have an opportunity to interact with you customers and know them.
- Organizing web-based events can also help you know you customers such as webinar, but it specifically done for web-based businesses.
- Another way is to create customer’s profile to determine customer’s needs. Make sure the profile includes details like; customer’s likes, dislikes, family background and other important details.
- Before making any purchase customer first conduct an online research for the item, using some keywords. Those keyword research can allow businesses to understand the mindset of their target audience.
- Getting reviews from your customers via various channels such as the testimonials and reviews on your website or comment box on social media platforms also help you know your customers and their interests.
- Utilize all the customer related data from the analytics on the landing pages such as customer’s physical location, the search term, the product/service which was selected by them etc.
- Build strong rapport with your customers. As, they love to buy from those they know, like, and trust.
- Don’t forget to follow up with your customers.
- Content marketing plays an important role when it comes to know your customers.
- Last but not the least, gather data from those who are dealing with customers and their experience on a daily basis i.e., your employees.