15 Tips to Get to Know Your Customer
I am sure you know how important it is to know your customers. Anyone who starts a business with a wonderful product but fails to understand his customers, ultimately fails in his business. Understanding your customers is an important and long process, which every business owner or entrepreneur should know. Just starting your business will not help; understanding your customers and then serve them accordingly will help you retain them and grow your business.
It doesn’t matter how good your product is until your customers are happy and satisfied with it. Your customers can even help you advertise your product. Their reviews and feedback on your services and products will help you know the pros and the cons, and you can modify them and work on them accordingly. They can help you evolve more effectively in the market and be sustainable in the long term. Those who value their customers, go a long way.
Here are 15 tips on how to get to know your customers:
- What worked a year back will not necessarily work now. Don’t make assumptions, as customers’ preferences and choices never stay same. Customer’s interaction is important to keep yourself abreast in the market and evolve.
- Social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and even Instagram are very much able to provide you with insights on customer’s preferences, their habits, choices, likes, and dislikes.
- Online surveys and polls are another tool to help you know your customers. Through surveys, you can get honest feedback and then you can modify or change your product and services based on those results.
- Another simple method is to ask why and how. That will provide insights into what the customers really need, thereby helping you serve them better.
- Know their past purchase behavior.
- Organizing events can also help you know your customers. At the event, you will have an opportunity to interact with you customers and get to know them more closely.
- Organizing web-based events such as webinars can also help you know your customers, but this is more effective for web-based businesses.
- Create your customers’ profiles, so you can determine their needs. Make sure that profile includes details like their likes, dislikes, family background, and other important details.
- Before making any purchase, the customer will first conduct an online research for the item, using some keywords. Those keywords can allow businesses to understand the mindset of their target audience.
- Getting reviews from your customers via various channels such as the testimonials and reviews on your website or the comment box on social media platforms helps you know your customers and their interests.
- Utilize all the customer-related data from analytics on landing pages, such as their physical location, the search term they used, the product or service which they selected etc.
- Build strong rapport with your customers. People love to buy from those they know, like, and trust.
- Don’t forget to follow up with your customers.
- Content marketing plays an important role when it comes to knowing your customers.
- Last but not least, gather data from those who are dealing with customers and their experience on a daily basis i.e., your employees.